Monday 22 September 2008

STAY AWAY FROM KINKOS!!


Fed EX Kinko's on Tottenham Court Road just charged me £11.99 to scan and email 2 pages.

That was my first and last time at Kinko's. Never been there before so had no idea of the prices and there's no obvious pricing anywhere within the store. However, never in a million years did it cross my mind that it would cost me the best part of twenty quid to scan and email two sheets of paper.

I asked if I could scan two pages of documents and email them to someone. The clerk said yes and scanned my forms. On returning after he'd scanned them he said, "By the way it's £10 for the first sheet and 20p for each additional sheet."

My first reaction was nearly "Fuck off", but I was in a time sensitive situation and this was my last hope. I had no choice. I grudgingly gave him the email address to send the PDF to. Adding insult to injury, after the job was complete I went to pay and he's like, "That's £11.99 please". WTF?? I kicked off, asking why he'd told me it was £10.20 just 3 minutes ago. "Nah mate; £10.20+VAT..."

I asked him them why he didn't tell me the price before and also why he quoted the price without VAT and he acknowledged that he should have told me these things beforehand.

I guess I should have asked what the cost would be before asking him to do it, but it never crossed my mind scanning and emailing 2 sheets of paper would cost £11.99.

For anyone going to Kinkos, my advice would be make sure you confirm the price first before doing anything. It may be WAY higher than you expect. Don't make the same mistake I did.