Sunday 6 April 2008

New style MacBook and MacBook Pros coming "soon"


According to AppleInsider the current incarnation of Macbooks and Macbook Pros will be the last before a major design realignment towards current iMac and Macbook Air styling. The new notebooks are rumoured to hit after June of this year. With the new 3G iphone rumoured to be coming in the next 60 days and iMac upgrades on the horizon, 2008 is looking like an exciting year for Apple.

Wasn't sure to tag this under cool or not seeing as I bought my MacBook in October 2007 and it was already obselete by the time I got it home in the car. An entirely new version hitting less than 12 months after my hefty purchase isn't what I'd describe as cool. This despite the "internal refresh" that occured when Leopard released about a week after I got mine. Oh well, that's what the Macrumors buyer's guide is for. Go my AAPL stock!

Apple notebook lines to see major design changes, sources say